New Boston Grand GPE 156

General discussion about piano makes, problems with pianos, or just seeking advice.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Melodytune

piano heads
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

New Boston Grand GPE 156

Post by piano heads »

Had heard through a friend of mine the improvements Steinway had made to their Boston range of pianos and was called to tune one the other day,it was their smallish grand and i was literally blown away by the overall performance both in the action response and tone for such a small grand,regards tuning basically it tuned itself as i believe they have now added a Steinway pinblock a joy to play and tune.
RWAS
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Re: New Boston Grand GPE 156

Post by RWAS »

The Boston grand pianos are made by Kawai in Japan. Kawai make excellent pianos and apart from the marketing and the "designed by Steinway" decals on the piano, their quality, components and manufacturing have little to do with Steinway and Sons.
I believe that Boston pianos have recently had an upgrade to the "Performance Edition" which may be akin to the "Blak" upgrade of the Kawai RX grand pianos.
The Boston is a very nice piano, but it is certainly not a Steinway and Sons piano.

Kind regards,

Robert.
I love the piano and its music.
MarkGoodwinPianos
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Re: New Boston Grand GPE 156

Post by MarkGoodwinPianos »

I also like the Boston pianos and am a fan of Kawai pianos in general. Good old Japanese piano manufacture. They say manufacturing in Japan will be hit hard but I don't know if that includes the piano industry
Yamaha Pianos for sale (usually 50+ in stock)
email markgoodwinpianos@gmail.com with any Yamaha, Kawai, Bechstein or Steinway questions :)