Yamaha YUS1 or UX-1?

General discussion about piano makes, problems with pianos, or just seeking advice.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Melodytune

Lexusuk
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Yamaha YUS1 or UX-1?

Post by Lexusuk »

Can anyone tell me what the difference between a YUS1 and a UX-1 is? I'm looking at purchasing both models but am struggling to find the difference visually!

As far as I understand it the upgrades from a standard U1 are:

- Cross braced back
- Upgraded strings and hammers equivalent to a SU series (Possibly YUS1 only)
- Curved bridge for slightly longer strings in the bass
- Vented front panel

But both appear to have all of these features. What exactly is the difference? It would help is Yamaha listed the UX-1 on their site.....
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Yamaha YUS1 or UX-1?

Post by Barrie Heaton »

in a nut shell the Old Ux-1 was their hand finished one but most that are out there are not so good these days played to death
The YUS1 has better made hammers, strings and more time is spent on them than the U1

What is the age of the UX1

Barrie
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page
NewAge
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Post by NewAge »

Barrie Heaton wrote:in a nut shell the Old Ux-1 was their hand fished one but most that are other a not so good these days
The YUS1 has better made hammers, strings and more time is spent on them than the U1

What is the age of the UX1 Barrie
Without carping on about it, I’ve been herring that the bass notes particularly are hand finished by the piano tuna......... :wink:

Sorry Barrie, couldn't resist! :lol:
I was playing the piano in a zoo, when the elephant burst into tears. I said, "Don't you recognize the tune?" He replied, "No, I recognize the ivories!"
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Barrie Heaton »

NewAge wrote: Without carping on about it, I’ve been herring that the bass notes particularly are hand finished by the piano tuna......... :wink:

Sorry Barrie, couldn't resist! :lol:

Very good :lol:

Barrie
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page
Lexusuk
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Post by Lexusuk »

Thanks for your help guys. Much appreiciated!
salhford

Post by salhford »

Yamaha U-Series upright pianos have long been a leading choice for educational institutions and professional musicians. I have all . The YUS Series takes upright piano quality and performance to a new level. It contains many nice features and functionalities. There is no problem about height, width and depth.