practice room reuqired

General discussion about piano makes, problems with pianos, or just seeking advice.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Melodytune

chrisk
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

practice room reuqired

Post by chrisk »

I will soon be without an acoustic piano for 6 months when our extension is being built so I am looking for a practice room hopefully with a grand but this is I suppose not essential. I know plenty in London but we are now in Somerset so would have to be in the West Country.

Also maybe you creative souls can think of a way of finding one? Tried local arts center but that is always open to the public. Happy to pay going rate.
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: practice room reuqired

Post by Barrie Heaton »

To could try short term piano hire

Barrie
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page
chrisk
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Post by chrisk »

Sorry cant have been clear. I don't want to hire one I already have one but it will have to go into storage for 6 months when our new lounge is being built so I will be without one to practice on apart from an electronic keyboard. I need a space to hire with a piano in it from somewhere in the South West. The few piano shops around here don't seem to have practice rooms.
Stuart
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by Stuart »

I understand your situation: I had to sell a concert grand (redundancy), move, had a loan keyboard for year, then scraped together to get an old 5'3 Danemann. Now I'm back on track with an RX2. It may be too far for you and I'm not sure just how much availability I can provide, and I live in Dorset, East Dorset I'm afraid, north of Bournemouth, but if you are stuck, let me know either by replying to this or a pm. Best of luck in your search.

Stuart
chrisk
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Post by chrisk »

Stuart wrote:I understand your situation: I had to sell a concert grand (redundancy), move, had a loan keyboard for year, then scraped together to get an old 5'3 Danemann. Now I'm back on track with an RX2. It may be too far for you and I'm not sure just how much availability I can provide, and I live in Dorset, East Dorset I'm afraid, north of Bournemouth, but if you are stuck, let me know either by replying to this or a pm. Best of luck in your search.

Stuart
Thank you so much Stuart you are most kind

Bit of a trek from Taunton but will certainly bear it in mind

Kind regards

Chris
Descombes
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Post by Descombes »

I am aware that Taunton has several major independent schools. I wonder if any of them would be prepared to hire their facilities. There must be a time when all the lads/lassies are in Tea/Prep/bed; and I know that all these schools are keen to add to their income.
A440
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Post by A440 »

Hello again Chris,
don't know if you've already tried Reubin Katz. He is an old friend and may be able to help;
Reuben Katz Pianos, R/O The Old George, Fore Street, Milverton, Somerset, TA4 1JU

Telephone: 01823 401454 Mobile: 0781 3046110
chrisk
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Post by chrisk »

The school is a great idea however I have a sneaking suspicion I will have to pass a CRB check just to gain access to a music room - could be wrong though.
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Barrie Heaton »

chrisk wrote:The school is a great idea however I have a sneaking suspicion I will have to pass a CRB check just to gain access to a music room - could be wrong though.
if you are entering a school you have to be CRBed even go in at 3.30 you now have to be done and they have to be enhanced ones as well

Some schools are asking to see the original certificate if you have had one done in the last few years if you are just visiting or doing some work there

Barrie,
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page