Kemble

General discussion about piano makes, problems with pianos, or just seeking advice.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Melodytune

chrisvenables
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Re: Kemble

Post by chrisvenables »

PG: Talking about Bentley pianos and then Polish stuff is bad enough. But I thought you'd agreed to no more motor analogies! Get off to Top Gear right now!
Yamaha Piano Main Dealer since 1981. www.chrisvenables.co.uk
Kemble King
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by Kemble King »

I suppose you could compare my "boxter s" to a Boston grand as well.
The most AMAZING piano dealer in the UK

Kemble Centre of Excellence also dealer for Kawai, Wendl and Lung and Brodmann pianos
vernon

Post by vernon »

i hate cars and petrol heads.
Our mission in life is to tune customers--not pianos.

Any fool can make a piano-- it needs a tuner to put the music in it

www.lochnesspianos.co.uk
joseph
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post by joseph »

20 to 30 year old upright pianos have probably had quite a lot of use, and they might be OK for Mrs twinset and pearls to play hymns on, on a sunday morning, but for a serious student or pianist they are really not very good.

It seems to me that these 'bargains' are priced accordingly, for one you don't have the advantage of the modern engineering, and on top of that, you have only a percentage of the piano's life span left.

Lots of these pianos weren't ever in the same league as new pianos are today anyway. I had a Knight once upon a time. I was glad to see the back of it honestly. Well made, perhaps, but sounded mince and the action was foul.
A440
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Post by A440 »

The new verses old debate depends on the use. If I have a family with a couple of keen kids who are interested in a restored turn of the century Steinway upright I have to point out "it's like doing the school-run in an old Rolls Royce." I convince them to buy a new Kemble- they get the right piano and I make MUCH less profit- but know I've done my job properly.
A440
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Post by A440 »

sorry! missed the bit about no more motor analogies!
PianoGuy
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Post by PianoGuy »

A440 wrote:The new verses old debate depends on the use. If I have a family with a couple of keen kids who are interested in a restored turn of the century Steinway upright I have to point out "it's like doing the school-run in an old Rolls Royce." I convince them to buy a new Kemble- they get the right piano and I make MUCH less profit- but know I've done my job properly.
Great advice, and another good motor analogy!
PG

The opinion above is purely that of PianoGuy and is simply the opinion of one person ....

If you're buying a piano, try as many as you can and buy the one you like, not a similar one of the same type.
athomik
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Post by athomik »

Anybody tried the new Vauxhall Insignia yet? I almost got my hands on one when I was doing a job last week, but someone else got there first. :lol:
athomik

Adrian Thomas Music Services
http://www.adrianthomas.net