Is Steiner a Germany piano manufacturer?

General discussion about piano makes, problems with pianos, or just seeking advice.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Melodytune

Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Barrie Heaton »

There are three listings for Steiner one is a stencil one is/was a retailer in the USA and the pianos for the last are made by Samick which was owned by Dietmann South Africa

Never seen one so I can’t comment on the quality However, Samick pianos are not bad for the price

Barrie
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page
musicbuddy

Is Steiner a Germany piano manufacturer?

Post by musicbuddy »

Hi everybody!

I see an offer of a grand piano "Steiner" on a website, it states that it is made in Germany, 15 years old, model no G-3A.

Could you pls comment on this manufacturer and this model? Also, is it reasonable to deal with USD2,500?

Thank you!
Stuart
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by Stuart »

I used to own an Otto Steiner concert grand. Bought it as German, but in fact was made in Estonia. It had a Renner action and was a decent enough piano but it did not hold its price, in fact I lost a lot of money when I had to sell it.
musicbuddy

Post by musicbuddy »

Barrie Heaton wrote:There are three listings for Steiner one is a stencil one is/was a retailer in the USA and the pianos for the last are made by Samick which was owned by Dietmann South Africa

Never seen one so I can’t comment on the quality However, Samick pianos are not bad for the price

Barrie
Thank you Barrie!
It seems not many people know this brand, and some confused with one Korea brand too.
musicbuddy

Post by musicbuddy »

Stuart wrote:I used to own an Otto Steiner concert grand. Bought it as German, but in fact was made in Estonia. It had a Renner action and was a decent enough piano but it did not hold its price, in fact I lost a lot of money when I had to sell it.
Oh, I'm sorry to hear that you lost a lot....
Btw, we are not for profit, enjoy the new one!
:P