1906 Chappell Baby Grand Paino - How much is it worth???

General discussion about piano makes, problems with pianos, or just seeking advice.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Melodytune

aljanomac

1906 Chappell Baby Grand Paino - How much is it worth???

Post by aljanomac »

Due to moving house I am reluctantly having to sell my Baby Grand Piano (Made by Chappells of London in approx. 1906) - Piano is made from Rosewood and is in reasonable condition and has had regular 'check-ups' from the piano tuner so the piano sound is good. The problem is I am looking to sell it and have no idea as to it's value.......any suggestions????
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Barrie Heaton »

Ask the tuner who tuned it last what he/she thinks it is worth they have the background of the pianos condition and local market forces.

Barrie,
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page
aljanomac

Post by aljanomac »

Looking to sell the piano a.s.a.p as having to move house in next 10 days - What would be considered an average price? (bearing in mind I have never bought a piano and no idea how much they go for second-hand or new)- I am a complete novice here and trying not to get ripped off but also looking for a quick sale.
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Barrie Heaton »

Well you can phone around the trade who are looking for pianos see what they offer and double it

Chappell grands round here with the case in good condition under 6 ' sell private for 1,200 to 2, 000

But if you are after a quick sale then the trade offers is your quickest way to get shut, you are coming up to the best time to sell but your idea of reasonable condition is another mans junk. Put up for sale on the site with some photos at a price you are happy with

Barrie,
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page
sdl103

grand piano

Post by sdl103 »

i am looking for a baby grand very soon if you have one to sell please contact me 07990853385 i am a student just starting out
thanks
sdl103

have you sold your piano yet

Post by sdl103 »

have you sold your piano yet