Broadwood Upright - Value?

General discussion about piano makes, problems with pianos, or just seeking advice.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Melodytune

PianoFifty
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Broadwood Upright - Value?

Post by PianoFifty »

I have a Broadwood model 2B upright, which someone is interested in buying from me. Piano is overstrung, underdampered, Serial Number 117966, which dates the piano to 1914 (price new was 52gns!). Schwander action, seven octaves. Metal action standards, tape check action. There are no obvious mechanical defects, the piano is in very good playing condition and has ivory keys (re-faced in ivory some time in the past). Soundboard seems to be in excellent condition, with no cracks. Tone is very deep and rich. The piano was last tuned in September 2005 to A440. I have owned it for the past six years. Case is polished Mahogany, height 3’ 10”, width 4’ 9” with decorative panelling, in very good condition.

After checking prices on the web etc I have been thinking of asking around the 800 pound mark, but does anybody think this is too low/high?

I have tried to post an image below, but not sure if it will work. Anyway, here goes....