STEINWAY 'O'

General discussion about piano makes, problems with pianos, or just seeking advice.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Melodytune

davw1963

STEINWAY 'O'

Post by davw1963 »

Dear all,

1908 restored Steinway model O &18000. would you recommend?

all replies responded to.

David. W.
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: STEINWAY 'O'

Post by Barrie Heaton »

davw1963 wrote:Dear all,

1908 restored Steinway model O &18000. would you recommend?
All depends on who did what and what they did for that price.

I have been to some so called reconditioned pianos for very over inflated prices and they have had very little work done on them.

Its all down to the words used and there meaning restored, reconditioned rebuilt and re-anufactured. It's all down to the person who did the work and how much work

re-manufactured. normally means the only original part of the piano is the case and the iron frame eg new action, new strings, new plank and new
sound board.

Rebuilt: could be new plank, new action, new strings and restored sound board

restored, reconditioned this could mean anything form new rollers and re-regulating to a resting

Steinway model O do come up nice and if done right they can be a very good buy indeed. If you have seen the piano and like it the next job is to get a good tuner to look at the piano, the person who has done the work on the piano will not have a problem with this even shops are ok and if they do have a problem that tells me they have something to hide.

For that price I would expect a lot of new parts

Barrie,
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page
davw1963

STEINWAY 'O'

Post by davw1963 »

Dear Barrie,

Many thanks for your thoughts. I am going to make a visit to jacque samuels in London to see the Piano this week. I will let you know how I get on.

Thanks again!

David W. :)