Petrof P125 vs W.Hoffmann 112 or 120

General discussion about piano makes, problems with pianos, or just seeking advice.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Melodytune

westie19

Petrof P125 vs W.Hoffmann 112 or 120

Post by westie19 »

Hi, I'm new to here. I've been researching on what pianos to buy and have drilled down to the Petrof P125 or the W.Hoffmann either 112 or 120. I can't seem to find a lot of information on the W.Hoffmann. I spoke to the dealers and both say theirs are better than the others so I thought I'd come here and get third opinions in case anyone have a chance to play either one of them (or both!). Your advice is much appreciated.
chrisw
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Re: Petrof P125 vs W.Hoffmann 112 or 120

Post by chrisw »

The website of one of the well known London piano dealers noted that Hoffman pianos are made in the Czech Republic and are a subsidiary of Bechstein. I have no idea if there is a large difference in the price of the pianos you mentioned and I can't say which make would be better. Assuming that they are both wholly made in Europe select the piano that you like to play the most, the one you like the touch and response of the keys and the sound. Have you tried Youtube to see if there are any videos from the two factories ?