Broken Hammer on Heintzman Upright

General discussion about piano makes, problems with pianos, or just seeking advice.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Melodytune

TheKeenAmature

Broken Hammer on Heintzman Upright

Post by TheKeenAmature »

Hi folks, looking for some advice. Our Heintzman upright piano (formerly a school piano I believe) had the hammer for E near middle C come off. It looks like there's a broken bracket where the hammer would normally pivot.

I've had the action out of of the piano a couple of times, but cannot figure out how to get into the middle of it where the hinges all reside. Any advice? I've shot a short video here to show the issue...
https://vimeo.com/249110639
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Broken Hammer on Heintzman Upright

Post by Barrie Heaton »

Do you have the missing hammer ?
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page
chrisw
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Post by chrisw »

I wonder if this correspondent ever came back to this post having gone to seemingly a lot of trouble to make a video to illustrate the problem. I am of the school that believes if you ask a question and receive a reply, then it is polite to acknowledge the reply. By doing so you might get supplementary information. I must be alone with this feeling.
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Barrie Heaton »

He may have posted all over the place and got reply elsewhere....

the world is changing. In the mornings I have to go to my local post office which is next to a large school you hold the door for the boys 95% say thanks, but the Girls you just get looks of contempt from most and the odd thank you. Years ago that would have been the other way round.

Barrie
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page
chrisw
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Post by chrisw »

Thanks Barrie.

I know of two other forums that he may have posted the question; Piano World and Piano Street but I tend not to look at either.

Incidentally you may be interested to know that, all being well, I shall be travelling to Clitheroe today to participate in the piano meetup that you first advertised on this forum about two years ago. It has about 20 permanent members and attracts maybe ten further visitors most meetings.
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Barrie Heaton »

its now in our Music Events Calendar https://www.piano-tuners.org/events_calendar.php
a Few of my clients go to it and do enjoy it very much

There are a quite few Facebook chat room for piano as well

Barrie
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page
chrisw
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Post by chrisw »

Thanks for the info Barrie.

I hadn't been aware of the events calendar, probably because, up to now, I have started the forum page from an oldish version of Safari. When I start it using Google Chrome I can see it in the contents list.
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Barrie Heaton »

The events is not in the side menu on the forum yet not got round to it but older version of Safari. should see it

I have Safari. Chrome and firefox on my Mac, I read the forum with Firefox Shop with Chrome and surf with Safari.

Barrie
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page
chrisw
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Post by chrisw »

Ah yes ! My Safari opens to Forums and if I use Chrome I am selecting the header page.
Ta.