Looking For Fully Annotated Sheet Music For School

General discussion about piano makes, problems with pianos, or just seeking advice.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Melodytune

goondling

Looking For Fully Annotated Sheet Music For School

Post by goondling »

Hello everyone! I'm new to this site and am not a huge piano advocate but I am looking for help from piano advocates!

I am a senior at Ohio University and I will be working on a senior design project thru the spring. My team is implementing a software that takes as input an unannotated MusicXML file for piano. It then outputs the fully finger-annotated version of that file. Our problem is that we need a bunch of fully annotated pieces to "train" our model and data is scarce on the web.

Do any of you know where I can find these fully annotated pieces of sheet music? Or can someone please point me in the right direction? Thanks!

-goondling
chrisw
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Re: Looking For Fully Annotated Sheet Music For School

Post by chrisw »

Do you have a music department at your university ? They are likely to be most able to help. Finger numbers and other annotation that I write on music are very personal to me and I am not sure if they should be used to validate software. In any case there might be copyright infringement if I copied and emailed it to a second person.