Danemann hs2

General discussion about piano makes, problems with pianos, or just seeking advice.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Melodytune

And36y

Danemann hs2

Post by And36y »

Hi all,
I"ve read in various forums the merits of the Danemann HS2. I can't seem to find any pictures of one. Can anyone point me to a picture of one or at least describe what it looks like. Any visible discerning features ?

Thanks

Andy
timthetune

Re: Danemann hs2

Post by timthetune »

Hi - The "Harrods Special" doesn't really look any different from any other British upright of that era, the main difference was inside...... The main visible discerning features were the Renner action and celeste rail. I think the scaling was also redesigned too and they do tune and sound quite nice. They are a bit of a rare beast though, as Danemann were never one of the major high street piano brands and these were a bit more pricey too.
Here's a picture of one......
Danemann HS2.jpg
doctorbaz
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Re: Danemann hs2

Post by doctorbaz »

In case you're interested there is a Danemann HS2 for sale on eBay at the moment. It has lost its celeste rail but the pedal and mechanism are still there, but the Renner action is the giveaway.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vi ... GB&alt=web

There are several photos on the auction which might be of interest. I do like the fact the HS2 were described by the Danemann workforce as "Out of this world pianos"! The wood used to construct the soundboard seems to be cited as a key reason for the HS2's superior performance.