Moving house

General discussion about piano makes, problems with pianos, or just seeking advice.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Melodytune

markymark
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Moving house

Post by markymark »

Am getting married soon but will be starting to move my personal belongings into what will be our marital home. The piano will be one of those things which is why I am posting now. How long should you give a piano to acclimatise to its new surrounding before getting it tuned and/or serviced?
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Moving house

Post by Barrie Heaton »

markymark wrote:Am getting married soon but will be starting to move my personal belongings into what will be our marital home. The piano will be one of those things which is why I am posting now. How long should you give a piano to acclimatise to its new surrounding before getting it tuned and/or serviced?
Congrats on the wedding is she a player
3 -4 weeks for the piano

Moving house can be stressful.. Advice! don't watch them, move you piano that's even more stressful... watching them bounce you now demoted to 2nd love of your life

Barrie
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page
markymark
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Re: Moving house

Post by markymark »

Thanks Barrie!

Yeah she is a player and teaches piano privately.

As the for the piano, you're dead right there! Don't know how I'll get through that!

It's ok! If I get too stressed about scratches to my polyester, the Piano Lounge seems to be taking a very strong guidance counsellor vein these days since I've been away! Lol! :wink: