Knight Piano advice needed:

General discussion about piano makes, problems with pianos, or just seeking advice.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Melodytune

SaMe

Knight Piano advice needed:

Post by SaMe »

My father has a Knight (Patent # 477297 496082 538671) in well looked after condition, hich I need to make a decision whether it's worth the cost to ship to myself in the Middle East from South Africa, or just sell in S. Africa. Can anyone out there give a realistic valuation for it, and general advice on whether to Keep&Ship, or Sell? Many thanks
Colin Nicholson
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Re: Knight Piano advice needed:

Post by Colin Nicholson »

Patent numbers are of no use unless sold with provenance/ history & 'jaw dropping' beauty etc.

We can't give valuations here on your piano (read blue box above) - but perhaps offer some helpful general advice. Piano valuations can only be certified by making an appointment with a piano technician (who is 'assessment/appraisal/valuation' trained) - then they need to remove all panels/ mechanism.... and tune it.... then you can get a true 'auction' value. The inspection must be done on-site, and you have to pay for this service.

Things we need to know.... (just to give you further advice/ still no valuation, but a price guide for other similar instruments).

1. Serial number - 4-7 digits, usually right of centre amongst tuning pins/ top of gold frame. This will determine its approximate age. (Sometimes it takes a few attempts to get the serial number right/ sometimes on soundboard)

2. How much are shipping costs approx. ?

3. Approx. age of piano?

Colin
AA Piano Tuners UK

Colin Nicholson Dip. Mus. CMIT CLCM PTLLS
Piano tuning & repairs. Full UK restoration service
http://www.aatuners.com
Tuition ~ Accompaniment ~ Weddings
http://www.pianotime1964.com
Member of The Guild of Master Craftsmen