SAP Renovation

General discussion about piano makes, problems with pianos, or just seeking advice.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Melodytune

D.J.Smith
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

SAP Renovation

Post by D.J.Smith »

Does anyone have direct experience of this Polish company? I think some UK firms use them for case work, but do their own actions. I'm interested in the quality of all the work they do.
joseph
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Re: SAP Renovation

Post by joseph »

I haven't seen SAP renovations pianos in the flesh so to speak, but I believe they at least install new soundboards by Strunz, which is a good maker of soundboard. How it's installed is very important and as I say, I haven't seen their work.

I HAVE seen some PianoFiks pianos, but to be honest I wouldn't rate their work very highly, and it's very expensive for what you get.

The best restoration workshop in the UK, and possibly the best in Europe is www.pianorestorations.co.uk in Twyford, near Milton Keynes. They do all of their own work in-house. The only thing they don't do is a polyester finish, which they will outsource if you want it. They do all of their own action work, soundboards, stringing, felting etc, and every piano is treated with the greatest care.
vernon

Post by vernon »

We have used SAP several times and their work is superlative and the prices are v competitive.
They had a problem once with the lid of one of our grands and they made a new one free of charge-no questions asked.
Recommend them 100%.
Our mission in life is to tune customers--not pianos.

Any fool can make a piano-- it needs a tuner to put the music in it

www.lochnesspianos.co.uk
D.J.Smith
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by D.J.Smith »

Thanks Vernon.