British Piano Fair

General discussion about piano makes, problems with pianos, or just seeking advice.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Melodytune

NewAge
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

British Piano Fair

Post by NewAge »

Googling the subject title, came up with the comment 'The BPF will return in 2011.' Could find nothing more associated with this date.
Another search indicates that previous to that, the BPF was planned to be hosted at Lords Cricket Ground in Sept 2009. Again, could find nothing related to that. :(
When and where was the first BPF held?
When and where was the last BPF held? Were any readers here present? Was it a success?
I presume that it has now been discontinued due to lack of interest by the trade.
I was playing the piano in a zoo, when the elephant burst into tears. I said, "Don't you recognize the tune?" He replied, "No, I recognize the ivories!"
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: British Piano Fair

Post by Barrie Heaton »

I did go to Lords the main event was Kembles lunching the pianos from the far east there were some other makes, retailers and supply houses Not a great event, most of us was enjoying the cricket to be honest
Before that it was in Birmingham not sure if it was ones or twice did go to that one it was a lot better than Lorads before that is was in London at Grand Connaught Rooms only visited there ones back in the early 80s Now then you had most of the worlds makers there

Even Frankfurt is not a patch one what it use to be same goes for NAM
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page