Gors & Kallmann/Weber

General discussion about piano makes, problems with pianos, or just seeking advice.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Melodytune

katylyn2013

Gors & Kallmann/Weber

Post by katylyn2013 »

Okay, I apologise in advance for what will to you lot no doubt be another tedious 'Which piano?' topic...but I'm tearing my hair out already and I haven't even entered a showroom yet....

1. I have a budget of £3000-3500. This needs to include delivery.
2. I'm not a beginner- the piano needs to be good enough for diploma level and to teach on.
3. I would prefer to buy new or nearly new, rather than opting for an older U1/U3.

I'm based in Kent, and due to lack of dealers in the area am going to have to travel, probably to London to purchase. That in itself is fine but I'm trying to hunt out 'free nationwide delivery' dealers as I want to be able to spend all of my budget on the piano itself. For that reason I'm trying to get an idea of what I want to look at and where the stockists are before I travel to make life a bit easier. I've read lots about the Kawai and Yamaha pianos, which I think I would need to go second hand on to get a good model, but can you give me any advice on the following:

1. NEW Gors & Kallmann Bauhaus- £3315 or Professional- £3660 (thinking I may be able to get this down a bit)
2. NEW Weber W121 D Series

Thanks in advance!
Katy
vernon

Re: Gors & Kallmann/Weber

Post by vernon »

I tuned one last week(Gors and Kallman ) in the wilds of Scotland and it is the most astounding tone and depth I've heard for a long time. I(I've been at it 60 years!)
I'm doing another tomorrow that we supplied
good hunting
Our mission in life is to tune customers--not pianos.

Any fool can make a piano-- it needs a tuner to put the music in it

www.lochnesspianos.co.uk
piano heads
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by piano heads »

Hi,there's Reids in Bromley in Kent they carry a decent stock of acoustic pianos.
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Barrie Heaton »

katylyn2013 wrote:
1. NEW Gors & Kallmann Bauhaus- £3315 or Professional- £3660 (thinking I may be able to get this down a bit)
2. NEW Weber W121 D Series

Thanks in advance!
Katy
Can only comment on the Weber: I have been out to new ones that were very nice well prept and a joy to work on. However, I been out to some that needed re-centring and a complete regulation 1 to 2 days work. Some retailers send them out in a shocking state

So get a tuner to give it the once over before you buy

Barrie
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page