RX-2

General discussion about piano makes, problems with pianos, or just seeking advice.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Melodytune

MartinPaton

RX-2

Post by MartinPaton »

Hi

Today I saw an RX-2 S/N 2265115 that was quite nice, I believe it's a 1997 model.

The dealer is asking £10,500 for it

At face value, is this a reasonable price? Assuming a reasonable condition (it seemed fine, but I didn't do a detailed inspection) - I read some posts on a search (albeit from 2010) that indicated it might be possible get a much later one for virtually the same price, hence I would probably offer less than the asking price. I also know the piano has been in the showroom for nearly a year which is in my favour.

Thanks
M
MartinPaton

Re: RX-2

Post by MartinPaton »

Seems like this might be a very high price, or piano's really have a limit of depreciation!

There's a 2010 Model in Clement Pianos (any comments?)

http://www.clementpianos.com/#/kawai-rx2/4560637531

Downside is I'm not sure if this is current as the regular stock list doesn't show it, might be an old orphan link.
RWAS
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by RWAS »

I would say that the price could be very negotiable as the Kawai RX line has been replaced this year by the new Kawai GX series of grand pianos. A 1997 RX 2 would not have the Millenium III action which Kawai has used in all the RX models since 2004. More recently, the RX BLAK series replaced the standard RX pianos. From the buyer's perspective, a 1997 RX2 could be considered a piano that missed out on all of the subsequent "refinements" to the RX series which could give leverage in negotiating a lower price.

It is presumably a used piano and its value could only be assessed by a thorough assessment of its condition, sound and touch. However, the Kawai RX2 has been a very popular model and some of the earlier models which I played were lovely pianos.

Good luck!
Robert.
I love the piano and its music.
rovikered
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Post by rovikered »

Kawai RX2 Piano S/N 2265115 will be a 1996 model according to the 'Pierce Piano Atlas' (12th Edition).

rk.