Beginning to see the light Brodmann

General discussion about piano makes, problems with pianos, or just seeking advice.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Melodytune

joseph
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Beginning to see the light Brodmann

Post by joseph »

Fergus spent two days on my piano, re-profiling the capo bar, and replacing the strings in the top section. He's re-shaped the hammers and tuned it, and he's coming back to do another tuning next week. He's re-centred some of the action, and in June will do a full regulation. I'm hoping that for now that will be the end of this escapade, and that the piano will be fine for a time yet. It sounds good again, and is playing reasonably well. After the regulation it will be better.
joseph
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Re: Beginning to see the light Brodmann

Post by joseph »

I must add, that Chris Venables did pay for the work, so thank you very much to Chris.
joseph
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Re: Beginning to see the light Brodmann

Post by joseph »

The Brodmann has been tuned, the hammers re-faced and the offending notes voiced. It's now playing as it did when it was new. It's not perfect, but I will have to upgrade to a far more expensive instrument for that, but I am happy to say it works, it sounds good and I can use it. I will be putting my concert fees towards a new instrument and I'm confident that the Brodmann will hold out until such a time as I can afford to buy something top grade. We shall see what transpires. In the meantime thanks for the advice and the help, and thanks mainly to Chris Venables.