Berlin Pianos

General discussion about piano makes, problems with pianos, or just seeking advice.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Melodytune

Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Barrie Heaton »

Berlin Piano & Organ est 1890 Berlin, Canada. in 1906 they were sold to Fosters.

I would get a registered piano tuner to look at the piano before you buy if it is the above make then I would assume you live in Canada. or the US if so then
you will find a registered piano tuner on www.canadianpianopage.com/ for Canada and www.ptg.org for the US if UK then the link to the left piano tuners or if you can't find one there then try the PTA site at www.pianotuner.org.uk

You could do your children more harm buying a piano that is not playing well and is well below pitch. Ask the seller when they last had it tuned and by who
if they know who the tuner was get his/her phone number and ask them about the piano all tuners keep records of the pianos they tune

Barrie,
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page
Melodytune

Post by Melodytune »

I second Barrie's advice regarding getting a registered piano technician to check over the piano for you.

A little investment in his/her advice will ensure you won't end up with a useless item and if the worst comes to the worst then they may well be able to point you in the direction of something suitable.
Chris Melloy
Piano Tuner