Beardmore & Sons piano

Ask questions on piano history and the age of your piano.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Bill Kibby

Brendi

Beardmore & Sons piano

Post by Brendi »

Hello. I came across a post from a Mike Huckaba about a piano (H. Beardmore) but I think maybe by chance he should have put an A. there instead of an H. I, too have a piano which has A. Beardmore and Sons, London on it. It seems to be quite old. My brother, who restores antiques at an antique store says it definitely is very old, but we have not been able to find any info on its age or value. It appears that at one time there were sconces. Between where the sconces were, there is a Yellow flower & leaf design. It is definitely an A. in A. Beardmore and Sons/London. Brendi
Bill Kibby

Beardmore

Post by Bill Kibby »

Mike's piano was H. Beardmore, manufactured expressly for J.D. Cuthbertson & Co., 226-230 Sauchiehall St., Glasgow. I have general lists of London piano firms for every decade. There was a Beard, and a Beardwell, but there is no reference to Beardmore. The most likely explanation is that it was a London piano, made by one of ther wholesale factories, and sold under an alias.
Piano History Centre
http://pianohistory.info
Email via my website.
If you find old references or links on this site to pianogen.org, they should refer to pianohistory.info