Samuel Brewer and Company London

Ask questions on piano history and the age of your piano.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Bill Kibby

emlbrnnn

Samuel Brewer and Company London

Post by emlbrnnn »

I recently became aware of a wonderful old piano made by Samuel Brewer and Company London. It is in fair condition upon visual review. It is of Modernist styling and is marked 1934. The cabinet is burl oak veneer and the piano seems to contain all pedals, keys, keyboard cover, etc. The veneer on the sides of the cabinet show much wear and there are areas where the veneer is missing. This piano in its present location is fated for disposal Saturday, January 17th. I am considering buying the piano because of its historical significance and because I am fond of the modernist period of style. Can you tell me anything about the manufacturer? If the piano, as an instrument, cannot be reclaimed should I salvage the veneer, keys, strikers, pedals, etc.?
However,the idea of destroying the piano does not sit well with me. I will appreciate any feedback that you can give me. Emily Dallas, Texas
Bill Kibby

Re: Samuel Brewer and Company London

Post by Bill Kibby »

I am having trouble equating Brewer with modernist and 1934. Most Brewer pianos are typical Victorian cottage pianos from the late 1800s. and 1934 is quite possibly just a number. Can you give me the complete, exact wording on the piano? Or email photos to me?
Piano History Centre
http://pianohistory.info
Email via my website.
If you find old references or links on this site to pianogen.org, they should refer to pianohistory.info
Bill Kibby

Post by Bill Kibby »

The piano turns out to be a late Victorian upright which has been modernised. It has oblong wrestpins. The number is 1834, not a date.
Piano History Centre
Email via my website.
If you find old references or links on this site to pianogen.org, they should refer to pianohistory.info
kamiluna

Post by kamiluna »

Hi, I have Samuel Brewer & Co London Piano. The piano number is 15286. If you can help me, I want to find out what kind of piano it is, how old it is, the price, and other information.
Thank You.
Bill Kibby

Post by Bill Kibby »

Firstly, nobody can tell you the value without inspecting the piano. I have 2 Brewer pianos on file with similar numbers, estimated to have been made in 1896, but I can't tell you anything about your piano without photos.
Piano History Centre
Email via my website.