Euclid

Ask questions on piano history and the age of your piano.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Bill Kibby

deeter

Euclid

Post by deeter »

Does anyone know anything about the Euclid Piano Company out of Cleveland Ohio? I've obtained an upright piano with the serial number 3681, the cabnets' number is 1270. I have searched for two days now trying to find information about my piano with no results. The company no longer exsits, or there is no information on the internet about them. It is a beautiful piece of work and I want to restore it, but I also would like to know something about its history. The person I recieved it from believes it was made around 1939.
thanks for any input.
The Euclid Piano Company in Cleveland Ohio. I just obtained an Euclid upright with the serial number 3681, but I can not find anything on the web about the company or the piano. Can someone help me with the history. I believe it was made around 1939.
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Barrie Heaton »

They are listed in Pierce but no serial numbers given. Have you asked on one of the US piano sites

Barrie,
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page
Bill Kibby

Euclid

Post by Bill Kibby »

Sorry, Michel padded out his piano atlas with lots of entries that contain less information than is visible on the piano, and one wonders if he ever looked inside them!
Piano History Centre
http://pianohistory.info
Email via my website.
If you find old references or links on this site to pianogen.org, they should refer to pianohistory.info
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Euclid

Post by Barrie Heaton »

Bill Kibby wrote:Sorry, Michel padded out his piano atlas with lots of entries that contain less information than is visible on the piano, and one wonders if he ever looked inside them!
I don't think they visited many factory's the FAX they send out to the manufactures is poor they don't ask any questions it just lists serial numbers
and a request for new numbers - no questions like have you took over any other piano manufactures or stopped production of any makes all useful nformation I know we get most of that of the net now but before the fax the letter was just the same basic request but it is still a good book to have.

Barrie,
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page
deeter

Euclid

Post by deeter »

I want to thank Barrie Heaton and Bill Kibby for the information they gave me. I will check out the PianoGen website for more information. Here in the states the only place I could find offering information was The Vintage Piano Shop located in Ashville North Carolina. (that is only about a 2 hour drive from where I live) Their mastercraftsman Michael e-mailed me. He said that they have only restored 2 other Eculids, and after going through some of his vintage catalogs found the Eculid Company existised from about 1897 - 1929. The pianos were of high quality and expensive for that time period. He believes there are only a few of these wounderful pianos left today.
I will persue this quest for more information and if you would like, keep you posted.
By the way... I found this Piano not 1/2 a mile from my home... sitting at the end of a driveway with a sign that said. "If you can move it, you can have it"
thanks again
deeter in hampton,tn :D
The Euclid Piano Company in Cleveland Ohio. I just obtained an Euclid upright with the serial number 3681, but I can not find anything on the web about the company or the piano. Can someone help me with the history. I believe it was made around 1939.
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Barrie Heaton »

Thanks Deeter any info you find would be useful please do post it here as others may find if useful.

Have you asked Ron Berry on www.ptg.org he may also have some information

Regards

Barrie,
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page