Hime and Addison piano stool.

Ask questions on piano history and the age of your piano.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Bill Kibby

Duckgirl

Hime and Addison piano stool.

Post by Duckgirl »

I've just joined this forum because today we bought a piece of furniture with the label "Hime and Addison. Manchester." which appears to be an adjustable piano stool. It's made from mahogany and the base and legs are quite ornate and beautifully crafted. One side has a wooden knob which has some sort of spring behind it, and the opposite side has a small horizontal wooden "bar" but we can't work out how it adjusts. Can anyone help me as to how you adjust it and how old it is. If it's any help I can take some pics and attach them to another post.
Bill Kibby

Re: Hime and Addison piano stool.

Post by Bill Kibby »

Normally, there is a knob on each side, and you simply turn them both together. I can't picture the device you describe, so photos might help.#

It's worth searching google images for adjustable piano stool.

Hime & Addison were dealers from the late 1800s onwards.
Piano History Centre
http://pianohistory.info
Email via my website.
If you find old references or links on this site to pianogen.org, they should refer to pianohistory.info
Duckgirl

Post by Duckgirl »

Hmm. Can't see my reply to your post so I'll try again. I took two pics of either side but can't work out how to upload them here despite trying the "insert image" button. Can you help?
chrisw
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Post by chrisw »

Alternatively you could load your photographs into google documents, publish to the web and then copy the web address into a post.
Bill Kibby

Post by Bill Kibby »

I have no idea what happened to your first reply, but we didn't see it.

The easiest way is to email photos to me and I will post them for you.

Did you look at Google Images?
Piano History Centre
http://pianohistory.info
Email via my website.
If you find old references or links on this site to pianogen.org, they should refer to pianohistory.info