UK Piano Page Piano Forum
Piano Forums at UK Piano Page, feel free to read the posts on our piano forums. If you wish to reply to a post or submit a new post you must register first, it's free.
Please read the Piano Forum FAQ for more details. Also, read the piano FAQ for common questions on pianos Please don't ask us to place a value on your piano as an on site inspection is required. Contact you local piano tuner who will be more than happy to help.
- It has the number 6793 branded into the inside of the body on the left land side
- The 1st key, on one side has 5695 and an undecipherable word that looks almost like Geiger both in pencil
- The other side of the first key has a couple letters in handwritten style but look like they may be a stamp. A.B.G? The A is clear, the others are hard to say what they are for sure.
- The underside of the nameboard has 569.x written in pencil
I hired a guy to do some restoration on it, and when we took off the harp/hammer board we found this:
- Oscar Kohler Berlin no 299180 in an obsious ink stamp
- and beside that in what looks like blue pencil a handwritten (hard to make out) Life. eng. 11./6/07.R
- and a 25523 stamped directly below (not shaded in, just punched in the wood)
I'll be happy to add some pictures if you need, but any help would be very much appreciated.
It is not possible to tell you anything about an individual piano just from the name, for example is this an upright piano? Have a look at
Photos that show what the whole piano looks like would be helpful. However, I have included some dates of Kohler's numbers about halfway down my Numbers page at
and these suggest that your piano was made in 1906. Handwritten information cannot be relied upon, because it is not usually from the manufacturers, but 1907 seems reasonable.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests