Hastings Ltd. Clapham Junction.

Ask questions on piano history and the age of your piano.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Bill Kibby

rumdo

Hastings Ltd. Clapham Junction.

Post by rumdo »

Hello folks, A couple of Sundays ago i was in a pub in Store ST.Bloomsbury,The College Arms, off the Tottenham Court Rd., in the bar for anyone to play was/is an upright piano in lovely condition <to the layman> only had time to get at warranty label under the top flap ,it is in gold with black lettering by Hastings Ltd., Clapham junction,had the name Churchill ,London under the piano lid.The keys had quiet a soft touch to them and the veneer seemed almost tiger like in look,of course i might be preaching to the converted here but it,s a lovely item and i hope to go back soon and try to find more i.d. on it but in the meantime if you can help with its history i would love to know and possibly the manager would as well.This is a great forum ,thanks to you all ,you have given an added interest to my learning to read music and playing the piano<started two weeks ago> all the best ,Rumdo.
Bill Kibby

Re: Hastings Ltd. Clapham Junction.

Post by Bill Kibby »

Although there have been a number of firms named Churchill it seems to be an alias that Hastings used on pianos bought in from wholesalers. Without photos of the whole piano, I can't tell you anything about the individual piano.
Piano History Centre
http://pianohistory.info
Email via my website.
If you find old references or links on this site to pianogen.org, they should refer to pianohistory.info