Worth waiting for, eh Marky?

For sharing your recorded performance of grade exam pieces or repertoire

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano

markymark
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Re: Worth waiting for, eh Marky?

Post by markymark »

That was really good - and what a great opportunity to perform in front of other people! If you can cope with that, an examiner will be considerably less intimidating for you - well done!

If that were an exam, that would be a 'distinction' bracket performance.
Moonlight
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post by Moonlight »

Hi Dave

That’s great! Very well played I think, even though I’m not familiar with the piece. But you played it really nicely and the dynamics between the hands were very good! :D Bravo! So cool you did it, and you were once nervous about playing in front of one of your friends? *claps* * throws some flowers*

I heard some of your other recordings they good too apart from the bad sound quality. Ooooh I would love to do recordings too but don’t have a video camera I could only save it as a wav file, but then it would sound rubbish. I’m going to wait until I have an upright piano and some half descent recording equipment, then you can expect grade pieces improvs maybe even some compositions, if I ever finish them off! :roll:
markymark
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Post by markymark »

Moonlight wrote:I heard some of your other recordings they good too apart from the bad sound quality. Ooooh I would love to do recordings too but don’t have a video camera I could only save it as a wav file, but then it would sound rubbish.
What do you mean??? :o
WAV format is what you want!!!

If it were to come across in MIDI then it would sound really bad. The problem tho' is making sure that the file is not bigger than 2MB... or did Barrie extend that to 4MB yet?

On the other hand, you could upload the sound file to a host website which would work.
Moonlight
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post by Moonlight »

markymark wrote:What do you mean??? :o WAV format is what you want!!!
If it were to come across in MIDI then it would sound really bad.
I got MIDI and WAV mixed up sorry. Yes my piano records it as MIDI, and even if I did convert it into wav it would still sound rubbish. Its best to get some recording equipment you rig up to a real piano.

Marky do you have recording equipment for your Yamaha upright? I wonder what would be good to start with. Not that I have a real piano yet or the money... :( , I'm just Interested.