Chopin - Étude #1 op 10

For sharing your recorded performance of grade exam pieces or repertoire

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano

FranKiisko
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Chopin - Étude #1 op 10

Post by FranKiisko »

Hi to everyone! Today I'd like to show you one of the pieces that I played recently in a concert. ;)

It's the Étude #1 composed by Frédérik Chopin. It's, in my opinion, very difficult because you have to play the arpeggios very fast and it's hard to keep a continuity between them. For me, this is one of the most difficult Chopin's Études.

It receives the name of "Waterfall Étude" because of the descendant arpeggios that seem a musical waterfall (at least, I interpret this surname like that LOL!)

Well, here you have my performance of this Étude. I hope you like it! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5REIhTQH8RM
Natatnunk

Chopin Etude #1 op 10

Post by Natatnunk »

Hi everyone,i'll try to be straight forward,i need advices for practicing chopin's etude op.10 no.4 ,how to achieve evenness in both hands,especially in faster tempos,my goal is to play it at 170 bpm,i have expirience with vituosic etudes,such as etude op.25 no.12 and an octave etude in B-Minor,i also played moszkowskisetude in A flat-Major, and g-minor, from op.72,i played all of those pieces perfect,so i thought i can take my technique to the next level, PLEASE HELP ME
Attachments
1154.gif
1154.gif (2.71 KiB) Viewed 13468 times
jasonlim9090

Re: Chopin - Étude #1 op 10

Post by jasonlim9090 »

Your playing is amazing! and you play with such calmness. By the way, I've helped you hit 2000 views for your video :lol:

Cheers,
Jason
http://www.singaporepianohub.com
GrahamSes

Chopin Etude #1 op 10

Post by GrahamSes »

In measure 8 of Chopin Etude Op. 10 No. 5, there is a rolled chord in the left hand and a single note in the right hand. What is the order of the notes combined?

--top/highest left-hand chord note together with right?
--bottom/lowest left-hand chord note together with right?

In measure 22 of Prelude Op. 28 No. 2, there is a right-hand chord roll and an octave in the left hand. How is this played?

--top/highest right-hand chord note together with left-hand octave?
--bottom/lowest right-hand chord note together with left-hand octave?

In measure 8 of Prelude Op. 28 No. 3, there is a right hand chord roll, and a single left-hand note.
Same questions.

In measure 71, Prelude in C# minor, Opus 45 there is a right-hand chord roll with a grace note before it, representing the lowest chord note. There is a tied note in the left-hand. How is this played?

Thanks.