UK Piano Page Piano Forum
Piano Forums at UK Piano Page, feel free to read the posts on our piano forums. If you wish to reply to a post or submit a new post you must register first, it's free.
Please read the Piano Forum FAQ for more details. Also, read the piano FAQ for common questions on pianos Please don't ask us to place a value on your piano as an on site inspection is required. Contact you local piano tuner who will be more than happy to help.
This section is for posting known scams been tried on the "pianos for sale". Do Not post pianos for sale here.
Post the entire email so others can see. Including the IP address as well as the Email address which will be in the email you receive from the scammer but Don't put your email address in there
To post here you must be registered your login for the second-hand pianos will not work on this forum If you wish to register Click on "Register" in the top right hand corner of this page just below the search box,
1. The message looks like it was written by someone who is not a native English-speaker, and writes very rarely in English.
2. Next, he wants to write a check in excess of the required amount. Why?
3. Then, he wants the "excess" from the check sent BACK to him or to other individuals, often in many different locations, and always by Western Union or Money Gram!
4. And then there are the little clues; signs like the strange name and location changes.
5. The scammers NEVER can meet in person.
6. They typically ramble on about issues that are irrelevant to such a sale or rental; such as, how they are doing this for charity, or recently moved to the UK, or are traveling in Africa right now.
7. Scammers frequently refer to "trust", "faith" and God
8. Look at the huge number of misspellings, weird use of capital letters, poor punctuation and made-up words.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest