attempted scam radford_dr@yahoo.com.

This section is for posting known scams / Fraud on the "piano for sale". Do Not post pianos for sale here.

Moderator: Feg

Forum rules
This section is for posting known scams been tried on the "pianos for sale". Do Not post pianos for sale here.

Post the entire email so others can see. Including the IP address as well as the Email address which will be in the email you receive from the scammer but Don't put your email address in there

To post here you must be registered your login for the second-hand pianos will not work on this forum If you wish to register Click on "Register" in the top right hand corner of this page just below the search box,
helenjdb

attempted scam radford_dr@yahoo.com.

Post by helenjdb » 08 Oct 2009, 07:48

Sellers should be aware that approaches from the following man radford_dr@yahoo.com are likely to be a scam. I have received a series of rambling emails over the last week, mostly written in very bad English notifying me that payment has been sent or is about to be sent. The price of the piano was £750.00 and he has said that he is sending £3,100.00 to include shipping charges; the following is the latest exchange:

[my message to him] As I write this email, nothing has been received in relation to payment for the piano. I have so far received three e-mails advising that payment has been sent or about to be sent. Please advise when the payment was sent, in what form and for how much. I thought I had made it clear that the buyer arranges collection. I do not know where you live or how much the transportation of the piano will cost and I am not prepared to pay money for transportation out of my own pocket. I also am very busy and really do not have time to answer numerous e-mails, which as far as i can see are being sent to waste time.

Helen Baxter.

2009/10/6 Dr Radford <radford_dr@yahoo.com>

Thanks for your mail and the swift response?I will like to inform you that the payment will be send to you,i mean both the shipper fees will be add to your money just because am very busy now that is why am doing this as soon you got the payment you will deduct your charge of the Piano and send reaming balance to the shipper that is coming for the pickup please kindly get back to me as soon as you got the payment.i have trust in you that you are not a Bad person that's why am this to you, Send the balance to my shipper as soon as the payment clear.The has been sent out by ROYA MAIL,hope to hear back from you.Radford

roz

Re: attempted scam radford_dr@yahoo.com.

Post by roz » 20 Nov 2009, 13:28

I too have today received an email from radford_dr@yahoo.com and have ignored it. Thanks for posting this scam, Helen!!!

FYI the email I received read as follows:

----
Radford has sent the following message to you:

Hi, I am Radford, I\'m interested in your Piano advertised for sale on Website,I will like you to get back to me if it is still available for sale and tell me more about the Piano and if possible, i would like to know the reason why selling it and i will like you to tell your best offer for it. Warm regards..... Radford

Emailaddress: radford_dr@yahoo.com

Internet IP: 41.184.22.161
---

markymark
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Re: attempted scam radford_dr@yahoo.com.

Post by markymark » 21 Nov 2009, 13:41

Thanks for posting!