jxq68@yahoo.com

This section is for posting known scams / Fraud on the "piano for sale". Do Not post pianos for sale here.

Moderator: Feg

Forum rules
This section is for posting known scams been tried on the "pianos for sale". Do Not post pianos for sale here.

Post the entire email so others can see. Including the IP address as well as the Email address which will be in the email you receive from the scammer but Don't put your email address in there

To post here you must be registered your login for the second-hand pianos will not work on this forum If you wish to register Click on "Register" in the top right hand corner of this page just below the search box,
jackg
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

jxq68@yahoo.com

Post by jackg » 13 Dec 2006, 18:13

Hi

sarah has sent the following message to you:
We are interested in buying, if still available for sale, the
piano,advertised in the uk-piano website! Priced 750 Please do get
back to us with some pictures , your last offer ! along with the present
condition

Many Thanks!
Justin & Sarah

Emailaddress: jxq68@yahoo.com

Internet IP: 213.185.106.24

http://www.uk-piano.org/used-pianos-for ... .php?id=53

Regards,
Second Hand Pianos
http://www.uk-piano.org/used-pianos-for-sale
Last edited by jackg on 24 Mar 2007, 20:25, edited 1 time in total.

Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Barrie Heaton » 13 Dec 2006, 22:32

They seem to be regulars

Barrie,

Date: 17 October 2006 13:53:13 BST
To:
Subject: Interested in your Ad on the UK Piano Page

Hi Celia

Justin And Sarah in interested in:

We are interested in buying, if still available for sale, the rosewood,

advertised in your website! Please do get back to us

with the pictures of the one you have available, your last offer ! along

with the present condition

Many Thanks!

Justin & Sarah

Emailaddress: jxq68@yahoo.com

Hello Barrie

I don't know whether you need to know of two people running scams (I think) through
your page.

The first were JXQ68@yahoo.com. They kept saying they would send a cheque but I
waited for weeks, turning other interested people away, and nothing ever turned up.

The second was andrew_phil007@yahoo.com who sent a cheque for £2,500 for a £120
piano.

I don't know if you can alert others on the site to these people.

Regards
Celia

Date: 31 October 2006 12:52:28 GMT
To: ck17@mac.com
Subject: Interested in your Ad on the UK Piano Page

Hi Celia Kemsley

Andrew Phillip in interested in:

Hello,

I saw your advert and i wish to purchase from you.

Are you the owner ?

Recent Picture ?

Recent Condition ?

What is the the last price ?

I look forward to read from you.

Regards,

Andrew Phillip

andrew_phil007@yahoo.co.uk

Emailaddress: andrew_phil007@yahoo.co.uk
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page

atcwong

Reply from jxq68@yahoo.com

Post by atcwong » 18 Dec 2006, 00:10

Sent: Friday, 15 December, 2006 3:13:29 PM
Subject: Re: Ad Interest

Thanks for the reply, we've seen the pictures and it's okay with us. We are located in Belgium and we are interested in buying the piano as a gift to Lilly on her birthday coming up very soon, we have a reputable removal company that we arrange for the pick up of the piano from your place.
We will be waiting to read from you soon with yoour last price so that we can start making arrangement on payment as soon as possible.

Kind regards
Justin & Sarah

David B
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Post by David B » 16 Jan 2007, 17:07

I've had these clowns too. :shock:

After a couple of months, a cheque arrived. Despite their apparently living in Belgium, the stamp is from Republic of Benin. And the agreed price had become &pound;5500!

The cheque purports to written on HSBC Bank plc "For and on behalf of the Carphone Warehouse Refunds Account"

Now if that's not dodgey enough, the "cheque" says at the bottom "This cheque paper contains a cross-keys waremark to verify hold to the light"

No such watermark.

At the top a bit of silver paper is stuck on and the words "this security cheque is hologram protected"

I haven't bothered to bank it yet, I'm waiting for some more to make the trip worth while :D

Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Barrie Heaton » 16 Jan 2007, 17:25

They must get some who fall for it as the postage must be costing them

Barrie,
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page

David B
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Post by David B » 17 Jan 2007, 12:01

I heard about this scam a couple of years ago, but to people selling stuff in the States. Over there, apparently, proceeds of cheques are credited a week or so after being paid in, but fraudulent cheques may take up to a month to show up, so by the time the bank realises that the cheque is false and asks for there money back, the hapless seller, thinking that they had the funds, has already paid out to the shipper.

But here in the UK, that won't work. I doubt that my bank would agree to even let me pay this cheque in, let alone credit my account with good funds a week later.

So why do they bother, if the scam won't work? Are they just thick?

BTW, I saw a great counter-scam a couple of years ago, where this guy engaged in a long email correspondence with this Nigerian scammer, and persuaded the scammer that the only way that he could help him (release of secret funds or the like) was if the scammer joined the guy's religion. This involved writing on his chest in red lipstick, and to prove that the scammer was a new convert, send a photo of himself showing the lipstick. Which the dipstick did. There's a website somewhere where these counter-scams are detailed. I must try and find it 8)

Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Barrie Heaton » 17 Jan 2007, 18:29

David B wrote:I

But here in the UK, that won't work. I doubt that my bank would agree to even let me pay this cheque in, let alone credit my account with good funds a week later.

So why do they bother, if the scam won't work? Are they just thick?8)
The problem is UK banks do accept them and *credit your account after 7 days then remove it after 15 days when no funds show for the overseas bank

Over the years we have had a few user on the site calling us to asking us if we know were the nearest Weston Union Bank is, when we have pointed out it is a scam they told us that the money is showing in their account

Barrie,

* Shows on you balance but not on your available balance and that is where the greedy get suckered in
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page