Beware! Blatant scam attempt.

This section is for posting known scams / Fraud on the "piano for sale". Do Not post pianos for sale here.

Moderator: Feg

Forum rules
This section is for posting known scams been tried on the "pianos for sale". Do Not post pianos for sale here.

Post the entire email so others can see. Including the IP address as well as the Email address which will be in the email you receive from the scammer but Don't put your email address in there

To post here you must be registered your login for the second-hand pianos will not work on this forum If you wish to register Click on "Register" in the top right hand corner of this page just below the search box,
pandapaws

Beware! Blatant scam attempt.

Post by pandapaws » 12 Sep 2014, 10:08

I advertised a Diener piano for which NO payment was required. all I asked was that a discretionary donation to charity might be made.
1st message:
Hi
I am interested in purchasing this item,is it still available for
sale?

Cheers
melanie

2nd Messsage:
Good morning
Thank you for your respond.good to know the item is still available for sale.i want you to know i have a courier company that will come for the pickup. so you don't have to bother yourself shipping the item i will be making payment through PayPal because my bank account is linked to my PayPal account and PayPal is a secured method of payment for both the buyer and seller.kindly email me a PayPal money request invoice direct to my verified PayPal email which is the same as my email address melaniemcgrice5675@gmail.com to proceed with the payment.i believe you can set up a PayPal account easily at http://www.paypal.com if you don't have one.looking forward to hear back from you soon.

Cheers
Melanie

Having my name and telephone number - this seems to be a clear attempt to gain access to my email address and try and determine whether or not I have a paypal account.
'Her' ungrammatical writing style is highly suspect - as is 'her' clear failure to spot that a direct payment to me was never on the cards.
I have removed the advertisement.